Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Website!

Please visit my website at www.cs.trinity.edu/~jnathan. Making JNSA was easier in some aspects, but harder in others. Publishing the website and creating an outline were not hard. The hard part was trying to do the specifics like making sure your pictures and text do not float on the computer monitor. I only used Expression Web. I did not have to refer to HTML coding becasue I was not trying to add highly advanced schemes and effects to my site that I do not know how to do. I am most proud of my Dallas Cowboys page. I spent a large amount of time analyzing their team thoughtfully and accurately. The color scheme matches the Cowboys' team colors. I might have tried creating my pages in PHotoshop Elements first then inserting the pages as pictures onto Expression. I think this strategy could help with floating items, but if I were to have to change things after it was published it would hard. My biggest technical challenge was fixing the capitalized I that I left when I saved my index page. This caused some hyperlink problems, but they were fixed. My biggest design challenge was making my text not overlap on the background pictures making the words unreadable. It was hard to do this because of different sized monitors. I am going to show the site to parents and friends. I think they weill be impressed with the work I have done. Yes, now that I know how to make a website, I could see in the future that I could use a website in presenting information like a Powerpoint presentation.

3 comments:

  1. Great website. I loved the fact that you did it on somethign you were really interested in, and the fact that you included lots of high-quality, relevant pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your website. Your professional approach was refreshing! I liked how you named it JSPN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey john, I really liked your website. It makes me want to watch football sometimes. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete