Wednesday, February 24, 2010

O.J. Simpson


I chose the mug shot of O.J. Simpson. At one point in his life he was a star football player in college and the NFL. I also chose the picture because it is an important trial case that I have some knowledge of. The picture was on the cover of the June 1994 Time magazine. It was of the mug shot he took in jail. In the picture, Simpson is made to look darker, and the lighting is a lot darker than the original. It was manipulated to make Simpson seem like a bad and evil person. The change in the picture was harmful to Simpson's perception to the public. It makes the public view Simpson as an evil person.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on this! The differences in this picture is crazy! Its amazing what the media will do to get a certain message across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I think that you are right that the photo editors made him darker to make him seem evil. That is not right.

    ReplyDelete